19 August 2011

Garlic Roasted Summer Squash

I found this recipe through a google search (go figure) the other day when I wanted a side dish for some yummy whole wheat pasta.  It turned out better than I thought it would, maybe because of all the oil?  I think my cooking standards dip lower than normal during pregnancy, so sue me.  We all loved it and couldn't get enough.  I didn't measure any of the ingredients, just used the recipe as a guideline and eye-balled it all, making some substitutions.  Try it out with what you have in your kitchen.


Garlic Roasted Summer Squash
  • 2 summer squash
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp herbes de Provence [substituted with rosemary, thyme, marjoram and fresh mint from the front yard, diced]
  • salt
  • pepper
Trim ends of squash and cut into thin wedges, lengthwise.  Toss the squash in a bag or bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  Spread on baking sheet and roast 5-10 minutes at 450 degrees.


No comments: