03 May 2013

Chocomole

No, I would not eat this with chips, unless they were cinnamon and sugar.  In an effort to tame my oil and sweets a bit, and support my daughter, I started searching for new dessert delights.  I happened upon this one through a blog called Plant-Powered kitchen.  She found it in the Engine2 Diet cookbook.  It was fantastic and the kids loved it.  There are so many variations you could do.  We ommited cinnamon and used mint extract.  We also put it over frozen strawberries.  It is a nice thick pudding, sure to please the chocolate lover.  We tripled the recipe and it was more than plenty for all of us.  It is quite filling.  Hope you enjoy it.

Chocomole

1 avocado (don't go too ripe or it will be overpowering)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (I used agave and less)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I used mint extract)
1/4 cup water (or more if needed)

Process everything in a food processor or blender.  Add water as needed until smooth.
Enjoy!

No comments: