24 August 2009

Ham & Sun-dried tomato alfredo

I found this recipe in my taste of home magazine. Everyone loved it and it was very simple. I replaced the ham with pepperoni, because I don't like prepackaged cubed ham.

Ham & Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo

8 oz. uncooked linguine
1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes ( found these at walmart by the canned tomatoes)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham

Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tomatoes for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine; stir into sauce mixture. Add ham; heat through.

4 comments:

James said...

i.
want.
this.

Justin said...

I want it just for the simple fact that I won't have to wander all over Wal-Mart to find the "chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes." You are a woman that spends her time wandering the store, and HATES not being able to find things, eh?

Dad said...

Where's the GARLIC??

Heather said...

I forgot. I did add garlic powder at the end for taste. I never make a pasta without it.