03 October 2009

Crab Quiche

I made quiche for the first time this morning. Justin wanted quiche, and I knew I didn't have everything I needed for it. Or did I? I searched for awhile and finally found a recipe that was doable. Even though I didn't have breakfast meat, I did have some left over crab meat from some crab cakes I made a little while ago. Just so happened, I had the perfect amount for this recipe. I put it together, using my apple pie crust, and the result was delicious! I thought it would need more flavor than what I put in, but it tasted just right. If anything, I think some green spices sprinkled on the top would have been pretty.

Crab Quiche
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 TBs flour
  • 7 oz crab meat [I used 8 oz fake crab]
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion [I would saute this for a couple of minutes first]
  • 2 eggs, beaten [I used 3 medium eggs]
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 8 oz shredded swiss cheese [I used cheddar]
  • Mrs. Smith's pie crust [*I made my apple pie crust]
Stir, mayonnaise, eggs, flour and milk until blended [I used a hand mixer for this step because I didn't beat the eggs ahead of time]. Add crab meat, cheese, and onions. Pour into pie crust and bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.


*Here is the crust recipe I used:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/6 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Combine flour and salt. Add milk and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are blended in. Roll between wax paper and transfer to pie plate.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can't wait to try it. I love quiche.