14 January 2013

Sesame Flax Chicken

Now before you go thinking this is some bland, too-healthy recipe for dry, not-fun chicken, STOP. You have to understand that I am writing this post. I don't write food posts. So you have to know this is worthwhile.

Jodi was out and about doing some shopping with the kids, and I was home from work with the opportunity to come up with something for dinner. When I opened the fridge, all I saw was a grand void of random assortments, and no leftovers to choose from. Not in the mood to explore too much, I went to our trusted Blendtec Blender recipe book. There it was. Something with meat. Done.

To my happy surprise, the recipe was simple, and we had everything for it. That = happy me. And to my even greater surprise, it was simply and wonderfully delicious. Not to mention it was the juiciest chicken I have ever tasted, let alone made! 

So here you have it:



Sesame Flax Chicken

  • 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
  • 1/4 C flaxseeds
  • 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2 Tbsp wheat germ
  • 2 Tbsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 4 (4oz) chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 400º F. Add ingredients except chicken to blender jar and secure lid. Blend on low-medium for 35 seconds or until mixture is crumby. Set an oven-safe cooling rack on a large baking sheet or jelly roll panDip marinated or seasoned chicken breast halves [I seasoned the chicken with Montreal Chicken Seasoning] in crumb mixture. Set breaded chicken on rack [spray the rack first] and spray with cooking oil [the more you spray, the crispier it will be]. Bake for 15-20 minutes [I baked it for 25 minutes] until done and juices run clear when chicken is pierced.

And there you have it. Simply delicious. We served it with some buttered brown rice. The prep time on this was less than 10 minutes. And that is for me, so if you are actually someone who cooks more than once a month, it should take you half that.