02 December 2009

Honey Curry Chicken

Hey everyone!
I haven't posted in a while because I haven't felt like anything I've made recently has been very exciting or worth sharing. I still don't think this ranks with what you guys have been posting, but I thought I'd tell you about it anyway.

It's simple and good, which is my favorite kind of dish to make most days. I got this recipe in a recipe exchange I participated in. But, the first time I made it I realized much too late that instead of adding 2 tsp curry powder I accidentally added 2 TB curry powder. That is 3 times as much curry powder than was called for! I was scared of the outcome, but it turned out Justin loved it. Tonight I made it with pork instead of chicken (I recommend chicken) and did 2 heaping tsp curry powder.


So, here is the recipe!

Honey Curry Chicken

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 2 t. curry powder
  • 3 lbs. chicken thighs [I used boneless, skinless breasts and cut them into 1 inch strips]
  • cooked rice

Melt butter. Add honey, mustard, and curry powder; mix well. Coat chicken with honey mixture. Place in baking pan, skin side down. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn chicken over halfway and baste occasionally. Remove chicken to platter, and pour pan juices/sauce into gravy separator and pour de-fatted sauce into pitcher to pass with chicken. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have a feeling James will want to try this soon! He love curry just like his brother. :)