09 July 2012

Orange Agave Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, it is amazing and well worth trying.  They were good the night I made them, but were amazing the next day.  After they cool, put them in a container and let sit over night.  WOW!  Yes Marquie, you can make these without the chocolate or split the batter and put chocolate in yours.  Yummy both ways.

I found this in my Vegan Cookies book by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

2/3 cup agave nectar
2/3 cup canola oil
2 Tb milk (I used rice milk)
1 Tb ground flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tb grated orange zest (about 1 orange)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (can use regular)
3/4 tsp baking soda
generous 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)

Preheat oven to 325.  In a large bowl (I used my mixer), whisk together agave nectar, oil, milk, flax, vanilla, and orange zest until smooth, about 2 minutes.  Sift in the flours, baking soda and salt.  Mix to form a soft dough.  (It is pretty soft.)  Fold in chocolate chips.  (I just threw them in the mixer)  Drop generous Tbs of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden. (I preferred 12)  Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.  Store in a tight covered container.  Enjoy!




No comments: