29 July 2009

Bread Sticks

Here is another recipe from my cooking class. I made it for Michelle and her family a couple of times and she just loves it. They're great!

Quick Bread Sticks

(Serves 10)


  • 1 tablespoon yeast dissolved in 1 ¼ cup warm water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3-3 ½ cups flour
  • ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
  • garlic salt and parmesan cheese, optional


Add sugar, salt and 2 ½ cups flour to yeast mixture. Mix to form dough. Add up to 1 cup more flour if needed. Mix about 3 minutes. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.

Put half of melted butter or margarine in jelly roll pan. Using rolling pin or hands, flatten dough into buttered jelly roll pan. Spread remaining butter or margarine over top of dough. Using pizza cutter, cut dough into strips. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Let rest another 10 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Cut with pizza cutter again.

1 comment:

James said...

My breadsticks always turn out so, so . . . bready. I'm excited to try this and enjoy it more. I'm consigned to the fact that I just might not be using enough fat in them. Alas.