08 July 2009

Easy Fudge

This is such a simple recipe!  It's also one I got from my cooking class.  As you can see, it's easily adapted to a small, individual serving, and it would be really fun to let kids make their own.

Zip-Lock Bag Fudge
(makes 1 1/2 cups, amounts in parentheses make a single serving in a sandwich bag)
  • 2 oz cream cheese (1 T)
  • 3 cups powdered sugar (3/4 cup)
  • 1/4 cup margarine (1 T)
  • 1/4 cup cocoa (1 T)
Put all ingredients in a 1 gallon zip lock bag.  Push the air out of the bag and seal well.  Squish mixture with hands to mix well.  It will be dry at first, but will soon become fudge.  Serve in whatever shape you would like.  Balls of fudge can be rolled in chopped nuts or coconut.

3 comments:

James said...

I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

This is one of the coolest recipes I've seen in a long time. I think we might make this during a packing break this week. Thanks!

Mom said...

I think Justin made this once in about 2nd grade. Or maybe it was Heather. Can't remember. Rolling in chopped nuts sounds wonderful! And, single serving, even better.

Mom said...

Okay, Jodi made this for us tonight. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.