27 June 2009

Spiced up Black Beans

I found myself alone, and with responsibility. I don't know that this was the best combination, but hopefully something good came of it. Jodi had volunteered to prepare "Beans for Eight" for the Stake Fiesta Latina activity tonight. However, she dared to leave this responsibility on me (she went up to Idaho to visit her dad). I didn't want to be boring and just take some refried beans, so I put my mind to work, and came up with this...a slightly spicy black bean concoction, and I like it! Next time you have burritos, or just want something to dip your tortilla chips in, give this a try.
Spiced Up Black Beans
  • 1 (30-oz) can Black Beans, drained
  • 1 (4 oz) can fire roasted, diced green chiles (you can use medium or hot)
  • 3/4 cup salsa (select your favorite)
  • 1 (14.5-oz) can whole kernel corn (I didn't put this in, but I think it would be great)
Mix everything together. Heat and serve, or dip (I served mine cold, but that is mostly because I had to go to work, and just dropped the beans off well before the activity started). I think a little lime juice would add a nice background flavor. I'll have to try that next time.

Just a note, it is better if you let it sit and allow the flavors mix. Plan ahead!

1 comment:

James said...

Thanks for this! We made some of these tonight to go with our chicken fajitas and they were DYNAMITE!