23 July 2010

Cream Puff Swans

Swan puffs are a beloved childhood treat of mine. I have fond memories of making them with my mother, and more importantly stuffing my face with the puffs and filling. These are in your recipe additions, but I thought I'd show you what the end result is like and calm your fears. These are not complicated!
You can make any cream puff recipe you like. Save a little batter, put it into a zip lock bag, cut off the tip, and squeeze several candy cane shapes on a cookie sheet. Don't cook these as long as the puffs. From my experience, keep your eye on them and take them out 15 minutes or so before the others are done. These will be the necks.

When you're cutting off the tops, scraping out the middle, and filling them with a wonderfully creamy mixture of pudding and whipped topping, cut the tops in half and stick them in the top for the wings! Yours will look better than mine. I pulled my puffs out too soon and they sank, which presented all sorts of problems, including the wings being rather pitiful.
Give it a try!

No comments: