19 July 2010

Edamame!!!!

Today my piano lessons' Mom brought be an edamame salad to eat for lunch--I haven't had lunch yet, but I had to snitch the salad. It is incredible and I'm very much looking forward to lunch. Luckily, she also gave me the recipe, so I thought I would share it!

Black Bean and Edamame Salad

1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans*, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cups thinly sliced celery (about 3 medium stalks)
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 cups of your favorite cabbage, chopped, or cole slaw mix
*Optional: low-sodium kidney beans, white beans, or blackeyed peas can be substituted for black beans [or even just added]

For the rice vinegar dressing:
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional

1. In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, then add to the vegetable mixture. Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Serve

(Make this salad up to one day ahead, because the longer it marinates with the dressing, the better it gets!)

Per serving with dressing: 383 calories, 22g protein, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 21 g fiber, 49 mg sodium.

Give it a try. I think you'll like it!

1 comment:

James said...

I want this. yum!