25 July 2010

Nuts and Bolts Trail Mix

This is another of my crock-pot favorites. For those of you with the book, it is page 393. I have made this twice and loved it both times. I am putting the original recipe here, but I halved the sugar and still loved it. Experiment and choose your fancy.

2 1/2 c unsalted nuts ( I used cashews, pistachios, peanuts, and almonds(when Joe isn't eating it))
1 1/2 c pretzel sticks
1 cup dried cranberries (the second time I substituted half for unsweetened dried bananas)
2 T butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar

Use 6 quart slow cooker. Put nuts, pretzels, and fruit into the stoneware. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over the top of dry ingredients. Stir well to coat. Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours, ( I did 2), stirring every 30 minutes. When the nuts are toasty, spread out on parchment, tinfoil, whatever. Let cool and enjoy. My kids thought this was awesome.

Sorry it s blurry, but it is yummy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That sounds and looks really good. We'll have to try it!